Overview of Fabric Ventures
Fabric Ventures backs founders building the Open Economy and invests in builders, businesses and digital assets from inception to scaling. We see the Open Economy Revolution to address the ‘data dichotomy’ - where the volume of data misused is only a small fraction of the data that is as yet unused, and that when addressed can lead us to life-saving gene therapies, drive financial inclusion, and support sustainable and ethical supply chains.
We are currently looking for a Chief Financial Officer
As a Chief Financial Officer, you will be based in Luxembourg, will report to the managing partner and work closely with the group board of directors, investment committee and team. You will drive financial planning and reporting, fund administration and support the execution of investments. You will support the managing partner in fundraising and investor relations and take responsibility for budgeting, banking and regulatory compliance as the firm’s compliance officer (RC).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintaining portfolio valuation based on several moving parts
- Responsibility for both regular and ad-hoc valuations; working with the investment team and external valuation specialists (where relevant) to agree and document portfolio company valuations, and liaise with external auditors
- Tracking of limited partner ownership while managing ongoing capital calls
- Allocating distributions for limited partners who were onboarded at different times
- Calculating and deducting management fees
- Calculating profit share based on the value of holdings, exit proceeds, lock-ups, etc.
- Managing due diligence of complex tax structure and preparation of tax records
- Preparation of audits and quarterly/annual financial statements
- Manage all aspects of reporting and communication (to the tax authorities, regulators and other stakeholders)
- Enhance, implement and manage a set of policies and procedures, following up any breaches or outliers to regulatory standards related to the regulatory constraints of the AIFM.
- Performing corporate secretarial tasks (Organisation of Investment committees and Board of Managers)
- Manage the fund’s activities related to various stakeholders, including auditors
- Running deal execution process, confirmatory diligence process, involving lawyers and other advisors
- Managing Investor communications & relations for existing funds and new fund launches in collaboration with the managing partner and communications team
We are looking for individuals ideally with domain expertise in venture capital, private equity.
- Proven experience (10 years + ) of work experience in VC, Corporate Development, Private Equity, Investment as CFO
- Knowledge in the crypto assets / Open economy space
- Masters degree (First preferred, 2:1 minimum) from a leading academic institution
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and associated risks that require managing (particularly Luxembourg regulation)
- Experience with valuation and financial modelling & budgeting
- Highly analytical, organised with exceptional attention to detail, fluency in performing financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses
- Positive attitude, team player, open-minded but with high ambition
- Strong interpersonal skills (High EQ and IQ)
- Fluency in English and French
Why Fabric Ventures?
Because you will love:
- Working with the purpose of the Open Economy
- Our attractive competitive compensation plan, including base salary, bonus and carry
- Our support in continuing your skills development, developing your industry knowledge and achieving your career and personal development goals
- Our small but fast growing and dynamic team in Luxembourg, London and Lisbon
- Our flexible hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Our structure that allows you to influence and shape the solutions we build
Please get in touch with our HR and Operations manager, Elizabeth at email@example.com.